Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Hate One Body Part?

Every woman has at least one part of their body that they don't like.  For me it has always been my hip/thigh area.  However, the older I get, the more sensitive I am about the back of my upper arms.  My four-year-old grandaughter loves to feel the back of my upper arms, because they feel cold to her.  She calls them my "flaps!"  Recently, when on vacation, my husband took a picture of my over-the-top excitement over seeing a mama moose with a baby and a mama bear with two cubs.

 
When I saw the picture, all I saw were my "flaps" instead of remembering what a great moment it was.  Can't we all be a little more gentle with ourselves, quieting the critical voice and accepting the way we were made?  Sure, I do exercises for my triceps, but some things just can't be changed.  How about appreciating at least one part of your body today?  Check out my outfits on Pinterest or on this blog for ideas on putting together a "style that makes you smile" when you look in the mirror.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment