Tuesday, September 25, 2012

My Top 5 Life and Health Challenges

I have been thinking about all the life and health challenges I have had in my lifetime, in addition to the body image problem that most of us women have had at some time in our lives.  It is the body image issue that got me interested in starting this wardrobe consulting business- to help women be able to look in the mirror and smile and say "I look and feel good!"  It's not just about creating outfits - it is a change in attitude and acceptance of our bodies. 

An aspect of this business that I would like to expand is working with women who are experiencing life and health challenges.  Changing their stories from a spirit of defeat, discouragement, and/or illness to one of victory, joy and wellness.  In the spirit of sharing some of what I have been through in my life, here are my top 5 life and health challenges that I have encoutered over the past 60 years:
  1. Alcoholism of parent and former spouses
  2. Divorces - parents and myself 
  3. Single parenthood
  4. Diagnosis of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
  5. Early retirement (great, but still a challenge)
So my plan is to expand my business to include wellness consulting (or coaching) in the near future.  I had a career as a health consultant before retiring and I have navigated successfully (with a lot of bumps) the above challenges along the way.  You can check out my bio on the Meet Jane page of my website www.lifestylesbyjane.com.  Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment