Thursday, September 6, 2012

How to Put Together an Outfit

I have had women ask me how to put together an outfit easily, so here is my method.  Don't be intimidated!

1.  Pick out a basic piece (i.e. solid dress or pants in a neutral - black, navy, gray, red.)

2. Choose a blouse or jacket that goes with it - contrast color, same color different fabric, print or pattern. 

3.  Choose accessories that "go with" your outfit.  Pick out an interesting necklace, earrings, bracelet, perhaps picking out a color from your basic pieces.  Don't be afraid to go bold.  Make a statement or go classic (gold or silver). But don't overdo it!

4.  Shoes and bag - depends on the occasion - neutral (black, navy, brown, nude) or bold (red, print, purple, textured.)

And you are done!

I have created outfits on www.polyvore.com and have posted them on Pinterest and my blog page.  Check them out for ideas.  Don't pay attention to the brand and cost in the pictures - just take in the shape, color, style and shop for similar items at your favorite store.

Be brave and try it for yourself.  If you need help, call me!

No comments:

Post a Comment