Friday, March 29, 2013

Flare-ups of CFS, fibromyalgia, and Other Chronic Conditions

For the past 3 weeks I have been battling a sore throat.  Started as severe, went to the doctor, she prescribed Amoxicillin, but a did not start it for 3 days, because I thought it may be a EBV flare.  I did not have a fever then, nor do I now.  I finally went to my nurse practitioner, who did a throat culture and ordered a mono test.  We'll see what they show.  Probably nothing but an EBV flare.  But it sure can be annoying and discouraging.  I have continued my walks and still get a nap every day.  Fatigue has not been bad.

I have been stressed out about some personal stuff and suspect that is what triggered the flare.  What I want to say is, try not to be discouaged.  Take care of yourself, but don't go to the depths.  Keep up some of your normal activities, and make small baby steps toward resuming your favorite activities.  We are having our grandchildren over to spend the night tonight, because they always cheer me up and get my mind off of things.  You will get better!

No comments:

Post a Comment