Saturday, March 16, 2013

Do You Want To Get Well? Part II Hope for people with CFS, fibromyalgia and other chronic conditions

Do you believe the statement by your doctor, "You will always have this condition?"  Or can you answer these four questions:

1.  Is this statement true?

2.  Can you be absolutely certain that it is true?

3.  How do you react, what happens, when you believe that thought?

4.  Who would you be without that thought?

These are the questions posed in the Work of Byron Katie.  Ask yourself these questions and see if you can't turn around your thinking just a little..Who would you be without the thought, "I am sick?"

I didn't learn about Katie's work until after I did my turnaround, but I used much the same thinking.  I thought, what if I don't have a life-long condition that will incapacitate me?  What if I am a 60-year-old woman who has normal aches and pains from a lifetime of exercise?  Like I said, I did continue my naps, my careful eating, my supplements.  But I chose to believe I could be well.  And for me, my underlying strength and belief came from the Lord.  What gives you strength?  What interests you?  What gives you energy?  Use whatever it is to give you strength, energy, hope and joy.
 
 
I'd like to help you get better, too.  Call me if you want to get unstuck.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment