Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Buy New Dress or Re-accessorize One In My Closet?

I have a family celebration coming up in June that will include a mass and have been debating whether to but a new dess (always fun) or use a dress that I already have and dress it up differently.  I went out looking just to see what styles were out there and bought one at Talbots in a pretty blue color.  Unfortunately, when I got home and tried it on, even with the correct undergarments, the fabric showed every lump and bump.  So back it  went.

Rethinking what I already have in my closet, I remembered that I had bought a simple red A-line sleeveless dress at Banana Republic last fall. What I have been wanting is a pair of nude heels (no more that 2 inches) to wear with everything, so I ventured into Shoe Station and found the perfect ones for $40.00 with 20% off sale!!  So I plan to wear the red dress with the nude heels and a colorful scarf and I'll be all set.  Since I am usually cold in the air conditioning, I'll bring a little sweater to go with it.  If you want to save some money and get a whole new look, try re-accessorizing a piece that you already have.  Here are the heels I bought and I can wear them with dresses and slacks of all colors.  Perfect for all seasons, too:

No comments:

Post a Comment