Friday, November 30, 2012

What To Do When You Have Hit the Wall

When you have CFS, fibromyalgia or any other chronic condition where fatigue is a problem, not getting enough sleep can multiply the feeling of being dead tired.  I am in that state right now after the Thanksgiving holiday week, not sleeping well because my husband has been out of town, and adding Christmas shopping to the frenzy of the past couple of weeks.  I have hit the wall.  Exercising is about the last thing I feel like doing right now.  So I am going to listen to my body and lay low, take a nap and see if I perk up later.  It definitely does not pay to "push through" when you are in this state.  If you keep pushing forward, your energy level will be even further depleted.  Little voices in my head say "you have so much to do, keep going" and I just have to say, "I'm done."  At the first opportunity I sit, or preferably, lie down.  I recommend this for anyone - too many times I have ignored what my body says.  When you hit the wall, do your self a favor.  Be kind to yourself and rest. It's Nap Time!



No comments:

Post a Comment