Sunday, November 18, 2012

What Brings You Joy?

Today I have been contemplating what brings me joy in my life - what gives me life, what sustains me, what do I do when I am having a bad day - a day when I am hurting physically or emotionally or spiritually.  For me it is family first, especially spending time with my husband or my daughter and twin 4-year-old grandchildren.  I call a friend.  I also turn to scripture for inspiring verses from the Bible.  Scripture verses have sustained me in the worst of times - when I thought I would never feel well or happy again.  Being around horses at the stable or sitting outside with one of my two kitties in my lap calms me and always makes me feel better.  A walk outdoors in the sunshine.  Doing work that you find rewarding - mine is my part-time job at the FSU School of Medicine.  Finding what brings you joy and what has meaning to you can be a way of starting on the road to wellness.  It can focus your attention away from illness and not feeling good to feeling a glimmer of hope and purpose.  Give it a try - What brings you joy????

My grandson at horse show

No comments:

Post a Comment