Wednesday, October 17, 2012

What to Wear in New York City in the Fall

Next week I am going to New York City for a conference at Columbia University.  I am really looking forward to seeing the leaf changes, cool weather, shopping and the conference (not necessarily in that order.)  But I am, of course, obsessing about what to take in my carry-on suitcase, which I am going to have to schlep from Newark to the city on mass transit.  We will be there 5 days.  I need business casual for the conference, something nice to see a Broadway show, exercise clothes for walking in Central Park, and casual clothes for shopping.

I have decided on a color palette - black, cream, and brown that I can interchange (plus dark denim jeans).  Black and brown shoes (black flats, black pumps, black sneakers and boots (not sure whether short boots or cowboy boots.)  Just might take my favorite cowboy boots just for fun and warmth:

They take up a lot of room unless I wear them on the plane.  Black suit pants and jacket, cream silk blouse, black jeans, my black Lucy pant (see previous post), tan sweater, and ivory leather jacket, and some scarves.  Just not sure about a dress.  Maybe the black dress or skirt that go with the suit, but I feel like a need some color or print.  Maybe red.  If anyone has any more ideas, just let me know.  I can't wait to get to the Big City!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment