Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Doing the Best You Can with CFS and Fibromyalgia

We are back from New York City - what an adventure.  I was able to take in half my conference and do some window shopping in Soho, but the visit was cut short by Hurricane Sandy.  We left 2 days early, so I did not get in as much sightseeing and shopping as I planned.  The upside is that we circumvented the storm and arrived home safely in Florida by car.  As for my plan to pace myself with activities and to have a nap each day completely fell through despite my best intentions.  No time for a nap on Friday after due to the conference, ditto for Saturday.  I knew I was leaving on Sunday, so I felt I should stay for the whole day on Saturday and our hotel was a long way from the conference.  When I was done both afternoons, I was running on fumes only- really tired.  Lots of walking over the time we were there.  My husband found some gluten-free restaurants, so we had our dinner and then went back to the hotel.  Saturday night we saw a Broadway show that we already had tickets for, but it was so wonderful, I didn't even think about being tired.  The moral of this story?  Sometimes you can plan for rest time and pacing yourself and you just don't get it.  The best you can do is get as much rest as you can when you can.  And hope for the best.  Luckily, I didn't go down for the count on this trip.  Here is a picture of the beautiful lake we walked around in Central Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment