Friday, October 12, 2012

True Beauty

I had a great visit with two friends today.  We got to talking about my wardrobe consulting business and the subject of true beauty came up.  We agreed that true beauty came from within and it isn't necessary to blow everyone's socks off with the perfect outfit every day.  Why not be yourself, dress to enjoy life, maybe try new ways of doing things with your wardrobe, wear clothes and accessories that bring you joy?  One of my favorite accessories is my father's watch (circa 1960) that still works - plus big watches are in for women right now.  Play with the things you have and don't stress about getting it absolutely right.  What I know for sure:  I need to follow this advice myself!

Beauty is not on the face;
Beauty is a light in the heart.

Kahill Gribran, Lebanese poet

No comments:

Post a Comment