Thursday, February 20, 2014

I am Slimmed, Lifted and Happy – the quest for the perfect jean

For those of you who have followed my several columns on finding the right jeans, including the yoga jeans, the leggings I loved at Anthropologie and the different types I have featured in my holiday and game day outfits on Betterafter50.com, have I got a jean for you!!!  I hadn’t given up on finding myself the perfect jean that made me feel sexy, too.  Yes, I love NYDJ jeans and have several pair.  But today I took a sojourn to Chico’s to see what was new.  I hadn’t been in there in about 5 months.  But I got a cataloge in the mail featuring some new kinds of jeans and pants, so I thought I would go check them out.

First of all, I tried on Chico’s leggings in black.  They pulled me in in all the right places.  The So-Slimming leggings come in black and denim.  Fabulous!  Here they are at $99:


Next up, I tried on white So-Slimming ankle jeans with a zipper at the ankle.  I usually shy away from white, because of lumps and bumps and I don’t enjoy shapewear (can I hear an amen?).  But again, these held me in and smoothed the lumpy stuff.  Bingo and they were on sale!

Last but not least, the new So-Lifting Slim Leg jean.  When asked how these are different from So-Slimming, the saleswoman said not only do they have the So-Slimming technology, but also a Lifting effect in the rear.  And I have to say, I agree!!  I even had to by a size smaller than I normally buy at Chico’s – bonus! ($99)

They made me feel sexy, pulled in and up and exactly how I want to look.  Sure am glad I didn’t spend $168 for the other jeans I liked in the other store.  And, to me, they looked better than the yoga jean.  Maybe I can’t do yoga in So-Lifting, but I will trade that for feeling fantastic!!  Give them a try and you won’t be sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment