Thursday, February 6, 2014

Feeling tired and know you have overdone it?

Recently I have been running in 10 different directions.  Doing things I want to do, but nevertheless, I am tired.  Lost my get-up-and-go. I know all the precautions I should take for overdoing things, so as not to have a CFS flare. But sometimes I just get caught up in all there is to do, and forget to pace myself.

My part-time job at the FSU College of Medicine has really picked up, I am writing a weekly column now for the online magazine Betterafter50.com, plus trying to get my coaching business going.  Not to mention the time I want to spend with my family and grandchildren and volunteering at the therapeutic riding stable.  Last week I had my first group coaching and teaching gig at a local church, requiring a lot of pre-planning and practice.  Housecleaning and grocery shopping are coming in a sad last place.  All this to say, I am grateful for the great things happening in my life right now.  Really grateful!  However, this week I have felt the exhausted feeling that tells me I have overdone it.

What to do?  Well, I am writing this in my sweats for one thing, planned nothing I have to do today outside the house, except pick up my granddaughter from school and be sure and get my afternoon nap.  Tonight I am going to Healing Nights at my church and have some lovely people pray some healing over my body.  Self-care means looking after yourself - I know it, but sometimes I blow it.  When that happens, I just have to stop and take a chill pill.  I know I have said this before, but you can't be of service to others and do the things you need to do and love to do, if you aren't taking care of yourself.  If you work, take a nap at lunchtime or when you get home, which is what I used to do when I worked full time.  Be good to yourself, as selfish as that may seem.  The rewards of feeling strong and healthy are great.  What will you do today to take care of yourself?????

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jane. I just read this and "Amen" sister! Great reminder(that I really needed now!) to make sure I am well rested and taken care of so that I can be my best for myself and for others.
    So, on to a little time for me before I jump into making the decadant and intensive cheesecake for Family Valentine dinner!

    ReplyDelete