Monday, November 11, 2013

Great Gluten-Free Cornbread Recipe!

Since my diet is gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free and mostly egg-free (among other things), I am always on the lookout for a tasty recipe that I can eat.  I came across a recipe for cornbread on the back of a House Autry brand Yellow Plain Corn Meal bag and modified it so I could eat it.  It is so delicious!

Jane's GF Cornbread Recipe

1 cup GF corn meal
1 cup brown rice flour
1 TBS. sugar
1 TBS. baking powder
1 TSP. salt
2 eggs (I substitute 1/4 cup unsw. applesauce for each egg)
1 1/4 cup rice milk
2 TBS. oil (I use olive and coconut oil)

Beat applesauce, milk and oil in a separate bowl.  Add dry ingredients; beat gently until thoroughly mixed.  Pour into a greased square pan or muffin tins.  Bake in preheated oven 425 degrees for 20 minutes or until done.  I spread a little soy and dairy free butter spread on the top while still hot.  This is best when warm.  Can be heated up later for 20 seconds in microwave.

ENJOY!!



No comments:

Post a Comment