Friday, November 15, 2013

A Simple Gluten-Free Breakfast

People have asked me what I eat for breakfast, since wheat, etc. products are out for me.  I generally have the same thing most days - it just makes my life simpler.

When I get up, I typically eat a small piece of my GF cornbread (see my previous post for recipe) and a half a banana or 1 piece of bacon just to get my blood sugar up (I have hypoglycemia).  After about an hour, I eat 1/2 cup Perky's Crunchy Rice cereal, with 1/2 cup rice milk with a few walnuts thrown in.  Recently, I have tried to reintroduce 1 egg instead of the cereal.  I had a sensitivity to eggs, so I had D/C'd eggs.  I have only done this once a week and I seem to be handling it OK.  I do not eat oats (even GF ones), because I don't want to take any chances and the protein in oats is very similar to that in gluten.

That's it.  Simple.  If I did not have time for this sit-down breakfast, I would have a Peanut or Cashew MacroBar (love these bars) on the go.  I would love to help you with navigating the world of gluten sensitivity or celiac disease.  Click on the HOME button on this page and contact me.



No comments:

Post a Comment