Wednesday, July 24, 2013

5 Reasons to Not Overdo Exercise with CFS/Fibro

I have been hurting.  My back, especially.  Also joints and muscles.  Could it be that I have been overdoing my exercise?  Well, I have been swimming a lot in the past month.  On the days it was too hot or the timing wasn't right for a walk, I did dancing to The Groove on XM radio.  I haven't taken many days off to rest. Feeling poochy in the stomach, so I have that "got to burn some more calories" mentality on.   And now I am paying for it.

I have been to the chiropractor and massage therapist more than usual, because I hurt.  Costing me $$.  I need to rest and heal.  So here are my top 5 reasons not to overdo exercise with CFS/Fibro (or any other chronic health condition):

1.   Over-exercising doesn't pay.  You are only hurting yourself.

2.   Over-exercising costs time and money in various treatment visits.

3.  It sucks to hurt all the time.

4.  It decreases enjoyment of time spent with family and friends.

5.  You know better.  Listen to your body.

No comments:

Post a Comment