Sunday, July 7, 2013

The Four Day Win - End Your Diet War and Achieve Thinner Peace

I am going to the beach with family at the end of the month and plan to wear my bathing suit a lot.  I love to swim and relax at the beach.  However, right now I could stand to lose a few lbs. and need some inspiration, not another diet, before I bare my bod on the gulf coast beaches.  I already have a pretty restrictive diet due to food sensitivities, so I don't need someone else giving me food rules. 

My problem is mostly in the evenings.  I generally want something sweet.  If we have it in the house, I like to eat a bit of So Delicious Coconut Milk dessert.  Sometimes I want a gluten-free chocolate chip cookie (made with applesauce instead of egg).  Most of the time I have some dried apricots, but they aren't exactly low in calories!  And it never really satisfies....


So I have decided to start reading "The Four Day Win" by Martha Beck (again).  I am getting my life coach training from Martha and she is smart and incredibly funny.  She has done a lot of studying about brain science and applies it here with humor and encouragement.  I have already read the book a couple of times, but haven't really done the work and the exercises at the end of the chapters.  Now I am inspired to do so.  This is not a diet book.  It's an opportunity to change your brain and attitudes around eating.  Here is the link to look at the book and reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/Four-Day-Win-Achieve-Thinner-Peace/dp/1594868123/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1373218238&sr=1-1&keywords=the+four+day+win

I am issuing an invitation to anyone who might like to go on this journey with me.  We could encourage each other and share our struggles.  Just respond in the comments section if you would like to go along for the ride.  I think it will be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment