Saturday, May 25, 2013

To Self-Tan or not Self-Tan? That is the Question.....

How ridiculous, how vain, to worry about how tan I look in the warmer months!  Years ago, I stopped tanning in the sun, because of all the years I abused my skin growing up in Fort Lauderdale, FL and the fact that little skin cancers were appearing on my aging skin.  So I became a devotee on self-tanners, trying various ones over the years.  For the most part, I found some that did not have that that yucky smell of chemicals or a flowery smell to cover up the yucky smell, like Clinique's version.  But the process is very time-consuming, because it must be applied repeatedly, pretty much every day.  Not to mention the fact that if I went in the pool or had a pedicure, the color would completely disappear and I would have to start over.

This year, I decided that I would try not using self-tanner.  This is extremely difficult for me because I like to look of tan legs.  But, oh, the freedom!  So far it has been great not being a slave to the self-tanning process.  However, it is only Memorial Day weekend and there is a long summer ahead.  I may just get a few minutes outside when I can and see if I can get a little color....


No comments:

Post a Comment