Saturday, May 11, 2013

Feeling Overwhelmed? A Recipe for a Flare-Up of CFS, Fibro, Lyme and Fatigue

We are back from a fantastic trip to California, driving down the coast from San Francisco on US 1 to Pismo Beach for a Martha Beck life coaching conference.  We saw beautiful scenery and wildlife and enjoyed some down time just enjoying God's creation.  Feeling very relaxed upon our return. Then...the list of things I "needed" to do kept piling up.  Grocery store, errands, laundry, study and even exercise were making me feel stressed out - gotta do this, gotta do that, in an effort to catch up.  When I get this way, I know I've crossed the line when my eyes start to twitch.  My body is trying to tell me, chill out!  But instead I go over in my head all the things I have to do.  This is a recipe for a flare-up of CFS, fibro, Lyme or just overdoing in general.  Going full-tilt, obsessing, never works for me. 
Instead, why not sit down, make a list of priorities and then work the list in order of importance to me.  This sounds so simple, but it works!  Here is an example of my list:
1.  Family
2.  God/church/spiritual life
3.  Health
4.  Life and Wellness Coaching/Study
5.  Volunteer work

So today, since it is my husband's birthday and tomorrow is Mother's Day and we have family coming over, I will get a walk in, clean house, run a few errands, but also sit down and do my scripture reading, write in my journal, take a nap and do some reading and studying if I have time.  My priority this weekend is to enjoy family and take a chill pill.  What priorities will you make this weekend?  Here is a picture of Half Moon Bay, CA:


I will take a deep breath and remember this scene.......

No comments:

Post a Comment