Thursday, August 15, 2013

The Joys and Benefits of Napping

I discovered napping back in the 1980's when I was diagnosed with CFS.  I knew that it was up to me to make the best of the situation and do everything I could for my immune system.  So even when I was working, I either shut my door and put my head down or I would come in the door in the afternoon and head straight for the bed.  My daughter knew that I needed about an hour to recharge and then I was ready to exercise, fix dinner and get through the evening.

Studies have shown that a power nap of even 10-20 minutes can do so much for your brain and energy levels.  It calms down your whole body, mind and spirit.  All good.  It is best to not make it longer than about 30 minutes or you may end up feeling groggy.  I still continue this practice today.  I miss it when I don't get my nap and my husband can tell when I haven't had my nap.  Lots more tired and grumpy.  If you are feeling stressed and tired, why not try a power nap to see if it will help?  It surely can't hurt!!

No comments:

Post a Comment