Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Do you Overeat or Over-Anything?

Whenever I think about dieting, I get all excited about trying something new and not extreme.  I hate "dieting" and I prefer just to eat healthy food without having to over-think it (calories, carbs, how often, how much, etc.)  That is why I love this scripture verse by Saint Paul so much - it is so sensible and true.


"Everything is permissible for me - but not everything is beneficial.  Everything is permissible for me - but I will not be mastered by anything."  1 Cor. 6:12

Are you mastered by sugar, chocolate, over-exercising, over-working, over-anything?  I try to remember this verse when I think I "have" to have what I crave, or what I "have" to do.  The fact is not everything is good for me.  And I don't want this craving to master me. Try meditating on this verse when you feel you have to go to the kitchen and get that late-night snack....or have to check your e:mail or be on the computer.




No comments:

Post a Comment